So what do we know about April? aside from it’s the 4th month of the year, it tends to rain a lot, if you live in the UK, and it gives us the only legitimate day of the year to play practical jokes on people in favour of April fools. If you were lucky to be born in April your birthstone is the Diamond. So ensure you remind your parents on this fact and demand your birth right, preferably a 1ct Internally Flawless Brilliant Cut Stone. Without plugging anyone in particular there is a few reputable Loose Diamond Dealers online that will provide you with such a treasure.
“April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.”
― T.S. Eliot,
April Fun Facts
In keeping with the April theme I thought I’d share a few fun facts about April that you might not have known:
- April birthstone is the Diamond and symbolises innocence
- April Flowers are the Sweet pea and the Daisy
- Aprils Zodiac signs are Aries and Taurus
- April originally came from Aprilis, meaning ‘to open’.
- According to the Oxford Dictionary an ‘April gentleman’ once meant ‘a foolish man; specifically a newly-married husband, considered as a fool.’
- 30 days hath September, April June and November! – can you remember the rest?
- The Cuckoo arrives in Mid April and is a sign that spring has come.
- Is known for the proverb “April showers bring forth May flowers”
- April 6, 1896 – After a break of 1500 years, the first Olympics of the modern era was held in Athens, Greece.
- “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” – William Shakespeare
Spring Inspired Jewellery
So if you’re looking for jewellery that encompasses Diamonds, gemstones and flowers there’s some fantastic designs on offer, I’ve listed but a few of my favourites below:
Swarovski Cinderella Flower Ring – by Hugh Rice
Inspired by the Disney movie Cinderella, this magical rose gold-plated ring features a delicate flower motif. It sparkles in a feminine gradation of crystal colors and adds a touch of romance to any look
Delicate Crystal Flower Garden Adjustable Ring In Pink Gold
Silver Chickweed Ring
Celebrating the simple botanicals that we find underfoot each day, this simple ring from Philadelphia’s Peg & Awl is topped with a chickweed medallion. Each ring is hand-cast from recycled silver and arrives ready for gifting in a letter pressed seed packet